EP1
0:00 / 0:00

I'm just getting frustrated because I feel like I've done everything right to overcome this fear.

我真的好挫败,因为我感觉为了克服这个(飞行)恐惧,明明什么都尝试做了。

10:00 - 0:05

And yet, I'm not overcoming the fear.

可我还是没能克服这个恐惧。

20:05 - 0:06

I thought that the way that you overcome fears is by facing them.

我认为克服恐惧的方法就是去面对它。

30:07 - 0:10

And I face my fear of flying all the time.

而我一直都在面对怕坐飞机这件事。

40:10 - 0:12

And yet, I'm still deeply frightened to get on a plane.

至今我还是特别害怕坐飞机。

50:13 - 0:17

I've done all the research on how safe planes are.

关于飞机有多安全,我真的做了好多功课。

60:17 - 0:21

Listen, nothing's perfect, but planes are pretty safe.

当然没有什么是百分百的,但飞机已经很安全了。

70:21 - 0:23

I feel like I've tried everything, and it's not getting any better.

我感觉什么都试过了,但就是没好转。

80:24 - 0:26

And it's a huge issue because I like traveling.

这对我来说是个大问题,因为我超爱旅行的。

90:27 - 0:29

And there are a lot of things in my life that require traveling.

而且我生活里真的有很多事都需要旅行。

100:29 - 0:32

It's causing me so much unnecessary psychological pain being so afraid of flying on an airplane.

这么怕坐飞机,真的给我造成了好多不必要的心理负担。

110:32 - 0:39

But I think I figured out the problem.

但我想我找到问题出在哪了。

120:39 - 0:41

Since I developed this fear of flying, I picked up an emotional crutch specifically for when I fly on airplanes.

我开始怕坐飞机之后,就给自己找了个专门在飞机上用的情感寄托。

130:41 - 0:47

And this emotional crutch is bringing other people with me... on the airplane.

而我这个精神寄托,就是拉上别人陪我一起坐飞机。

140:47 - 0:52

When I start to have a panic attack, I have someone's arm to grab.

我开始恐慌发作的时候,有人的胳膊可以抓。

150:53 - 0:56

When I start crying, I have someone there to look at me while I'm crying.

我哭的时候,身边有个人看着我。

160:56 - 0:59

Because there's something really, like, comforting about that.

因为那样真的特别暖心。

170:59 - 1:02

I have someone there to comfort me.

有个人会安慰我。

181:03 - 1:05

And I think that's why I haven't been able to overcome the fear.

所以我想我才一直没法克服恐惧。

191:05 - 1:08

And so I'm going to New York tomorrow, and I'm not bringing anyone with me.

所以我明天要去纽约,而且就我一个人。

201:08 - 1:11

I am going to get on that plane by myself.

我要自己上飞机。

211:11 - 1:14

So that hopefully I can get over it!

希望我能挺过去!

221:14 - 1:16

This is so annoying!

这太烦人了!

231:16 - 1:17

It's annoying!

真烦人!

241:18 - 1:19

Like, having a fear of flying is annoying!

怕坐飞机真的太烦了!

251:19 - 1:21

I'm just hoping that this helps.

只希望这能奏效。

261:22 - 1:24
0:000:00